Friday, July 29, 2011

Wednesday, July 27

Caleb’s Blog

Hello so yesterday was awesome! I started by waking up and doing a dudes session. It was awesome. I got to clear the air with some people who I had had disagreements with and get to talk and get to know some people better. It is really cool since this is my first mission trip. I have really grown closer to the guys and girls on the trip. After the guys session we got together and prayed about what we should do for the day. We started the day off by cleaning up the kids playground. The whole playground was covered in gravel, and under all of that was a path that went around the playground. It was back breaking work but it was awesome to get done and look at our work. After that the kids put a cross on the path that we cleaned up . I also realized that worship was not all about singing – it’s about praising God. Cleaning up the playground was worship, which was awesome. J Then we started praying and me and 3 other people thought that we were feeling called to go to a park and share the word of God with people. So we got on the bus and went where ever God took us. We went to the first park and we got to pray over a family there. 2nd park nobody was there. 3rd park was awesome! We got to talk to some believers and non- believers. Then we did 2 skits (Dare You to Move by Switchfoot and Everything by Lifehouse (the one I was in)) and we got to share the word of God with some people. Then we get back to get our shower stuff. And I see an awesome face! One I haven’t seen for a few days. It was SETH CLEMONS!!!!! :D Then we went and took a shower. After a shower, we decided to hide Seth from Zac and Darryl (who rode in a different car) and we made it half way then Darryl screams “SETHHH” and jumps. Which was awesome lol! Then we ate dinner and at dinner Jordan, Olivia, Jonathan, and Nick were at worship practice. And when they came back, we had Seth hide in the prayer room and we started praying about him. And he jumps out. The look on their faces was awesome!!! Then we walked to a church nearby and went to the worship. It was really upbeat worship. Our whole church was rocking out and dancing. We ended up getting the other people at the church to dance to. I really loved the worship it was a great time to rock out and worship God at the same time. Then we got back and hung out, then we got to pray and do hi, lows. And then go to bed. Falling asleep to Seth’s stories. J

Sad that the mission trip is almost over. But I’m going to finish strong, this has been one of the most awesome 2 weeks of my life! I have grown so much more in Christ and in myself! J Love you all and hope to talk to you soon.

Love, Caleb xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment